Welcome to the Election Official Resource Portal! This portal has been created exclusively for election officials in New Hanover County to allow for access to elections-related documents, training, and more. This portal is updated regularly to ensure that you have the most accurate and up-to-date information. Feel free to explore and utilize all this site has to offer, as it will strengthen your position an as election official in the state of North Carolina. The buttons below and to the right offer plenty of useful information relating to all the specific positions in a polling place and election officials as a whole.
New Hanover County Board of Elections Training Videos
- Election Day Laptop Training (Election Day)
- Help Desk Training (Election Day)
- One-Stop Laptop Training (One-Stop)
- Opening the M100
- Changing Paper on the M100
- Closing the M100
New Hanover County Board of Elections Training PowerPoints
North Carolina State Board of Elections Sways
North Carolina State Board of Elections Training Videos
Below are direct links to access precinct and one-stop official assignments. Credentials have been provided to Chief Judges and Site Coordinators to access the protected list that includes contact information. All lists will be updated daily by 9:00 AM.
Assignments (Chief Judges)
- Election Day Assignments (Coming Soon)
The New Hanover County Board of Elections produces a newsletter periodically to keep you informed of changes in elections administration and general updates. To see our newsletters, click any of the links below.
Primary Contact Information
The primary means of contacting the Board of Elections is by sending an email to the account listed below. This will ensure a swift response to a request or inquiry.
Secondary Contact Information
The secondary means of contacting the Board of Elections will be by telephone. The main phone number for Board of Elections is as follows:
- February 12, 2018Candidate Filing Begins (12PM)
- February 28, 2018Candidate Filing Ends (12PM)
- March 19, 2018Absentee Ballots Available
- April 13, 2018Voter Registration Deadline (5PM)
- April 19, 2018One-Stop Voting Begins
- May 1, 2018Last Day to Request an Absentee Ballot
- May 5, 2018One-Stop Voting Ends (1PM)
- May 8, 2018Municipal Election Day ( 6:30AM-7:30PM)
- May 8, 2018Last Day to Return Absentee Ballots by Hand (5:00PM)
- May 11, 2018Last Day to Return Absentee Ballots by Mail (Postmarked on or before 5/8)
- May 18, 2018Canvass (11AM)
Until the General Election! Tuesday, November 6, 2018