Non-County Agency Funding
New Hanover County is committed to providing financial assistance to nonprofit agencies which assist the county in carrying out its mission and strategic objectives as outlined on the 2024 to 2028 Strategic Plan page. Non-CountyAgency funding is distributed on an annual basis through an established process that ensures transparency, accountability, and consistency in the funding of non-county agencies. To learn more about the eligibility criteria and allocation of funding, please review the Non-County Agency Funding Policy.
For questions regarding the Non-County Agency process, contact Gwen Hill at (910) 500-7894 or email@example.com
New Hanover County's Non-County Agency Funding process for FY24-25 will open Monday, November 27, 2023.
- Non-County agencies submit a complete application, and all its components, for funding to the county by a set deadline.
- Nonprofit applications are evaluated by the Non-County Agency Funding Committee, which recommends agencies and funding amounts to the Board of Commissioners.
- Final recommendations for funding are included in the County Manager’s Recommended Budget that is presented to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Non-County agencies approved for funding will be notified within one week of budget adoption.
- Funded agencies will be required to sign a contract or memorandum of understanding and will have January 15 and July 15 reporting requirements. They will also be required to submit audited (greater than or equal to $25K received) or compiled (Less than $25K received), board approved, financial statements prepared by an accounting professional.
- Non-County Agency Policy
Access the application
Once you click the link below you will be accessing our Non-County Agency Funding virtual app.
- Click the Login button to create an account.
- Go back and click the button for the application.
- Click the link to request access.
- We will be notified of the request and grant permission as soon as possible. Please allow up to 24 hours to be granted access.
- Once you're notified of your access approval you may begin to fill out the form.
- Logging in is essential so you may save your progress and continue at a later date. Make sure you click the "Save Draft" button in the lower left of the screen. When you login later you will be presented with a link to your unfinished application.
- November 20 Non-County Agency Funding Applications open
- January 8: Non-County Agency Funding applications close
- February 1 to March 22: Non-County Agency Funding Committee deliberations
- Mid-April: Non-County Agency Funding Committee Recommendations due to County Manager
- May 16: FY24-25 Recommended Budget informally presented to Board of Commissioners
- May 20: FY24-25 Recommended Budget formally presented to Board of Commissioners
- June 3: Public Hearing on FY24-25 Recommended Budget
- June 17: Board of Commissioners adopts FY24-25 Budget
Please note that mid-year requests for funding may be recommended to the Board of County Commissioners by the County Manager or one or more commissioners at a public meeting, however, mid-year requests are an exception, not the rule.