Welcome to the Election Official Resource Portal! This portal has been created exclusively for Precinct Officials to allow for access to elections-related documents, training, and much more. This portal will be updated on a weekly basis to ensure that you have the most accurate and up-to-date information. Feel free to explore and utilize all this site has to offer, as it will strengthen your positions as election officials in the state of North Carolina.
New Hanover County Board of Elections Training Videos
- Election Day Laptop Training (Election Day)
- Help Desk Training (Election Day)
- One-Stop Laptop Training (One-Stop)
- Opening the M100
- Opening the iVotronic
- Changing Paper on the M100
- iVotronic Rtal Paper Change
- iVotronic Rtal Paper Jam
- iVotronic Printer Pack Paper Change
- Closing the M100
- Closing the iVotronic
New Hanover County Board of Elections Training PowerPoints
North Carolina State Board of Elections Sways
North Carolina State Board of Elections Training Videos
Below are direct links to access precinct and one-stop official assignments. Credentials have been provided to Chief Judges and Site Coordinators to access the protected list that includes contact information. All lists will be updated daily by 9:00 AM.
Assignments (Chief Judges)
The New Hanover County Board of Elections produces a newsletter periodically to keep you abreast of changes in elections administration and general updates. To see our newsletters, click the any of the links below.
The primary means of contacting the Board of Elections is by sending an email to the account listed below. This will ensure a swift response to a request or inquiry.
Additionally, every Friday, you will receive an update email from the Board of Elections via the email address above.
The secondary means of contacting the Board of Elections will be by telephone. The main phone number for Board of Elections is as follows:
- September 9, 2016Absentee Ballots Available
- October 9, 2016Residency Deadline
- October 14, 2016Voter Registration Deadline
- October 20, 2016One-Stop Voting Period Begins
- November 1, 2016Deadline to Request Absentee-by-Mail Ballot
- November 5, 2016One-Stop Voting Period Ends
- November 8, 2016Presidential General Election Day
- November 8, 2016Last Day to Return Absentee Ballots by Hand (5PM)
- November 14, 2016Last Day to Return Absentee Ballots by Mail (Postmark on/before 11/8)
- November 18, 2016County Canvass
Until the Municipal Election! November 7, 2017